Lavender is one essential oil that you always want to have on hand. Besides the lovely scent, it has a multitude of uses. Here is a short list of just ten of those uses.
10 Everyday Uses for Lavender Essential Oil
- Take the sting out of a burn: If you got too close to that oven element, apply a drop or two of Lavender directly on the burn. For sensitive skin (or babies or small children) dilute 1 drop oil:1 teaspoon fractionated coconut oil and apply.
- Soothe tired muscles: Rub a mixture of Lavender and Lemongrass on feet and leg muscles after a hard day at work.
- Smooth fix for chafing: Mix a combination of 1 part Lavender with 3 parts fractionated coconut oil. Add to roll-on bottle or spritzer bottle to apply to irritated skin.
- Baby Sleepy Time: A couple of drops of Lavender applied to a pillow will give a restless toddler a quick and easy sleep. *Note: To apply essential oil directly to a child or baby’s skin, dilute 1 drop of oil with 1 teaspoon of carrier oil (such as fractionated coconut oil).
- Aftershave: Lessen redness and/or razor burn by applying Lavender oil directly after shaving. Soft skin will follow.
- Tension be gone: Apply a drop or two of Lavender to temples and back of the neck to relieve tension and clear the mind.
- Soothe a sunburn: Mix a blend of Lavender and fractionated coconut oil at a ratio of 1:1. Rub gently on sunburn to ease the pain.
- Natural facial scrub: Fill a small jar with oatmeal and then add 8 drops of Lavender. Take about a tablespoon size amount in your hand and mix with a little water to make a paste. Scrub your face (or elbows, or bottoms of feet) for a natural exfoliating experience.
- Cleaning Aid: Add 5-6 drops of Lavender to your vinegar/water spritzer mix for a much more pleasing scent while cleaning.
- Get those much needed ZZZs: Rub Lavender on the bottoms of your feet just before bed to promote a quick and restful sleep.