I couldn’t resist this title for a post for the upcoming Valentine’s Day. If you are not familiar with the title, allow me to introduce you to the song Love Potion No. 9, made famous by the Searchers, back in the day. It seemed fitting for a recipe for a sensual massage oil.
The “Notes” in an Essential Oil Blend
◈ TOP note oils: Absorb into the skin quickly and evaporate faster than the other notes. They stimulate and uplift.
◈ MID note oils: Longer lasting and more subtle. These scents round out the blend and are noticed from one to three hours after use.
◈ BASE note oils: Known to be the agents of harmony that bring the oils together causing them to linger.
The Sensual Massage Oil Recipe
- Top notes:
• 6 drops Bergamot ~ Fresh and spicy with a hint of floral. Relieves tension and elevates mood
• 6 drops Citrus Bliss ~ Fresh and sensual aroma calms nerves and stimulates the libido
- Mid notes:
• 6 drops Lavender ~ Known as the “herb of love” and has been shown in scientific studies to be one of the most potent scents to arouse men
• 3 drops of Clary Sage ~ Boosts the libido and soothes muscle tension for relaxation
- Base notes:
• 2 drops Ylang Ylang ~ Mood elevating and calming. Affects the hormones and elevates sexual energy
• 2 drops Frankincense ~ Instills a feeling of serenity and calmness and all the while stimulates your sensuality
• 2 drops Sandalwood ~ Known to be an aphrodisiac oil used to stimuate romantic encounters. Sweet, woody scent creates an exotic and sensual atmosphere
• 1 drop Patchouli ~ Unlock your hidden passions with its deep and mysterious oriental scent.
- Add the essential oils to a glass bottle (preferably dark glass)
- Top with 1/4 cup of a carrier oil. Sweet almond oil is a good choice for a carrier oil as it is revitalizing and nourishing to the skin and is an excellent lubricant.
- Cap off the bottle and then roll between your palms to warm and combine the oils. Store in a dark, dry cupboard for at least 48 hours for the oils to blend well before use.